Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday, March 10th

"So, there's a red, thorny something on the passenger seat for you," CJ said, putting his hand on my back and walking a few paces in front of Alex and Natalie, who were also snagging a ride home with CJ from practice.

I gave CJ a look, "What's the occasion?"

"I need to talk to you, that's why I asked you to walk out to get my shoes with me when you got here."

"You should have tried harder, I could have waited to try on the dress," I motioned to the mass of sequins, tulle, and velvet that was in my arms.

"Yeah, I was fighting a loosing battle there," CJ smiled.

I laughed, "You didn't stand a chance, sorry. Trying on the open dress wins. Glad you know your place," I hugged the open smooth dress closer to my chest.

"I know where I stand. Just try and be discreet about the thing," CJ said mysteriously.

"Can do," I nodded.

"But I still need to talk to you, I wasn't counting on guests."

"Drop me and Nat off first, then Alex, and come back to my house?" I suggested.

"Good plan." CJ beamed mischievously.

I successfully snuck the rose in and out of the car without Alex or Natalie noticing by hiding it inside of the ballroom dress, and I only had time to warn my roommates that CJ had to talk to me and swap my pink winter coat for a fleece jacket before CJ called that he was outside.

I slid back into the passenger seat of CJ's car, "So...?" I began.

"It's done. I got Sarah to call me and say that it's over and she's done."

"So she finally got her head screwed on straight?" I raised my eyebrows.

"She finally did and I'm so glad," and in one swift motion, CJ kissed me, "I've been wanting to do that all day."

"You know you screwed me over right?" I said, cutting off CJ's gushing.

"It's not like that-"

"When you get backed into a corner, have some balls and get out of it," I snapped, "If my metaphorical balls are bigger than your real ones, we have a huge problem here."

"I'm sorry Kaitlyn, I really am," CJ took my hands, "I never wanted you to end up in a bad position here, and I didn't want to be in that position, because I like you."

"Have some balls next time!"

CJ hugged me, "I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"I forgive you," I hugged him back.

And then we kissed.

"I finally have a clear head, I just wanted to tell you, I could hardly focus at practice." CJ sighed.

"One question: Did you tell Sarah we slept together?" I asked bluntly.

"Yeah, I told her before she came to Michigan. And she was all 'it's fine,'" CJ shook his head, "She was loosing it, big time."

"You're telling me!"

So we kissed. And the door of the CJ and Kaitlyn just being friends saga officially closed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment